Thursday, June 08, 2006

Good Grief!

I am not sure where a whole year went, and why I dropped this journal, but I'm back! Maybe this time the journal will continue. I recently had to journal for a Women's Literature class, and I loved it. Of course, the only reader I had was my professor and she seemed to enjoy what I wrote, so with that captive audience, I wrote. A lot. I also went back to school right after starting this journal last year, and the majority of my 'writings' were school related. My time was not spent here but rather in Word doing school work.

I'm still in school, and currently working towards my BSN / MSN through a community college. I love being back in school, being mentally challenged and meeting new people. Nurses are funny creatures, but then that's a whole other journal entry.

My deck is once again alive! The winter has been hosed off and I have pretty flowers and cozy cushions that welcome my family and friends. I even bought new cushions this year and new umbrellas. The deck has a new look, but hopefuly the same old welcome feeling. We had to replace the old porch swing, and Luke finds this one just as comfy as the last one. I cannot imagine not having a swing in place for Luke. (Luke is a dog)

We began an outdoor kitchen last year to finish off the patio and that work continues. It should be finished within a short time, and I cannot wait! Spending time outdoors around here is important. Adding a kitchen will make it easier. Life is sweet.

No comments: