Saturday, July 29, 2006

Daddy


This week, had my dad lived, he would have turned 74. He died in 1999 at the age of 66 after a three year battle with cancer. You know how I feel about cancer. It sucks. I hate it. He fought the disease with so much determination.

My dad was an interesting character. He truly was; on many levels. He certainly wasn't the most perfect father in the world, but he did his best to keep us all fed, housed, and protected from the bad stuff in the world. I miss my dad. I miss his crabbiness sometimes the most. I sometimes wonder if he truly knew how much he was loved. I remember the last time I told him I loved him. It was the day he died. He was ornery right up until he could no longer hold on to his life. I looked him those big blue eyes and told how much I loved him. He smiled. It's a smile I will never forget.

I miss you Daddy. A lot.

No comments: