Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Stay in Grenada


Enough about Caitlin. This is about me. My time spent in Grenada was wonderful. I stayed at the Grenadian Rex, which was a resort not far from the campus. In fact, it was a mere $15.00 taxi ride away! =/ The resort sat on 20 acres of gorgeous, tropical land, with the Caribbean sea a few short steps from my room. The view from my room was nothing short of spectacular and I could see over into the port of St. Georges.

The beach proved a delight (not hard to imagine of you know my love of sand and surf), and while relaxing, I was able to get a ton of reading done. (nothing strenuous, nothing required). We did spend a day at the pool, but after a day of being pecked in the head by a stupid black bird, I never went back.

My room was pretty, although a morgue slab might have proved more comfortable than the bed. The service was a wee bit slow, and I had to remind myself I was in a place where "Island Time" meant something to those who worked there. So I made an effort to relax more.

The food wasn't bad at the hotel. Nothing exciting. However, I did manage to find a good place on the campus called the "Sugar Shack" to have a roti and had to indulge in eating them several times during my stay. I cannot even begin to express how delicious these were!

I took an island tour with the other parents (I met some very nice people!) and visited several historical places, the rain forest, and a rum distillery! Cait and I also visited the huge outdoor fruit and veggie market, where Cait did some major shopping.

My week flew by, and I left the island feeling sad to leave Cait behind, but excited and so very proud of her! (And I wasn't going to mention her name).

No comments: