Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snow or Spring?

As January comes to a close, and February comes our way, we have yet to have any real snow fall here. At this point, I am not sure if i want to wish for snow, or simply start wishing for Spring. I did so want to see our newest puppy play in snow, significant snow, and not the mere trace we got several weeks ago.

All we seem to get is rain and more rain, which only adds to the mess around here. 16 paws can accumulate a lot of wet and mud. Not that snow is any better, as we then have 16 paws that need to be cleaned of snow they can easily bring in the house. It never ends.

I am not happy with this time of year. Every thing seems so bleak. The yard is barren and not as appealing as when everything is green and lush. I miss sitting on my deck. I miss being out working in the yard and my gardens. So if I can't have a snowy yard to look at, and a snow filled yard for the dogs to roll in, I want to wish for an early Spring.

"Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me
stopping here to watch his woods fill up with snow." ~Robert Frost

No comments: