Friday, January 11, 2008

Goodbye and Good Luck Caitlin!

A New Year, new beginnings, new challenges! I leave in a few short days to take Caitlin down to Grenada and I am so looking forward to sharing her new adventures with her! In a previous post Caitlin Heads to Grenada, I expressed how proud I am of all of her accomplishments, and excited I am for her as she begins a new chapter in her life.

Her bags are packed, all three HUGE duffel bags! She has managed to take as much as she can, and still meet the weight requirements Air Jamaica has in place. How she did, is a mystery. I'm just glad she made space to take the things that mean so much to her, like photos of her pets, and of course, her family.

Her first week will be filled with orientation and fun things to do, like Island tours and barbecues! There's even activities for the parents, so I, too, will have something to do while she is off getting settled. She has been communicating with others already down there, so she has a good idea of what to expect (thankfully). Her roommate hails from Arizona.

Caitlin will not have time to share her adventures with all of you, so that will be my job. I will take you all on her journey as she works her way through her first semester in Grenada! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers!


No comments: