Monday, December 10, 2007

Caitlin Heads to Grenada!

And she’s off…in a few weeks to a whole new chapter in her life. Caitlin heads to St. George’s University in Grenada where she will begin her schooling to become a Veterinarian. Her life long goal is within reach…a four-year long reach, but nonetheless, it is visible! She has worked very hard to get to this point and after TWO acceptance letters (St. Matthews in Grand Cayman and St. Georges), she had decided St. George’s best suits her learning goals. One acceptance is wonderful, but two? I am gushing with a certain amount of pride.

I will fly down with her in January to get her settled and to survey the area. What mother could simply send her only daughter off to a strange island some million miles from home? Not me. I am looking forward to Caitlin’s new adventure as much as she is. I have worked hard for this too. I feel as if I have been a huge support to Caitlin as she headed through pre-vet medicine. As has her dad and brother. We are all very proud of her.


We will all miss her, but I know I will miss her the most. I joke that she is my right arm. When in fact she is so much more. I have no idea if she knows how much I will miss her. But I will. I am also very excited for her. I love her.
I wish her all the best!

No comments: