Monday, December 10, 2007

Decking the halls...and more

The tree is up! We were able to find a 12 foot tree for a great price, and right up the street at the local nursery. In fact, it's the cheapest tree we have bought in a very long time. Apparently, the new Home Depot in the neighborhood has the local nurseries readjusting their prices. (Thank you Home Depot!)

Each year we add new ornaments which go along with what's going on in our lives. Daniel's new ornament is a butcher block with tiny chef tools on it. It's cute! Caitlin's new ornament is a female Veterinarian with a Golden Retriever at her side! I have no idea where I found it, but it is perfect! Both kids love their new ornaments.

And of course, each dog has a new ornament. They are ceramic paw prints with their names on them. I have yet to find one that depicts Jim and I. Last year I got Jim a graduate ornament. I need one too! I still have time to shop!

I feel better now that the tree is up. I even managed to bake a few cookies. Life is back on track! Tis the season to be jolly! I am.

No comments: