Thursday, December 27, 2007

Count Down Until Christmas 2008


The headline of toady’s local paper reads “364 Days until the Next Yuletide”. The premise of the article focuses on the major shopping that is being done because the holiday sales continue to lure people into buying more. I am not sure why the number of the days left until we start all over again is even mentioned. Surely consumers do not need a motive to get a good bargain. Do they? I certainly do not.

I am guilty of being sucked into the potential shopping frenzy. I found myself in Target yesterday by 730 am, along with Caitlin, and together we managed to take home a few bargains. However, what I did not find was any frenzy. In fact, Target and the mall were empty, which made shopping easier and more enjoyable.

We stocked up on the new LED lights in order to help save energy next year. Going green is much easier when you can save on things that help save energy. Thus, our hunting for these new lights. We also managed to get boxes of holiday cards that we liked and not ones we might like, but bought to save money. Even the wrapping paper was a bargain, and we got what we liked and not the ‘leftovers’ that are just ok. Caitlin found a paper mache moose that seemed lonely on the shelf. And I found a really nice wooden countdown to Christmas calendar. Ugh, I am guilty of thinking about the number of days left until Christmas too!

We had a fun, stress-free day of shopping, despite the countdown that looms until next Christmas.

No comments: