Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Own Iron Chef

This month, Daniel, will graduate from the local community college with his degree in Culinary Arts. I could not be more proud of his accomplishments. He has worked very hard to get where he has gotten, and the hard work has paid off. He has been working in various chef roles for some time, and really seems to enjoy the work. Thankfully!

I have so enjoyed watching him go through the culinary program, and have to admit I have learned things along the way. He has been a patient teacher in my kitchen. In fact, his love of cooking has prompted me to do more in the kitchen, something I never used to like to do. My fear of cooking has been put to rest, and my library of cookbooks has grown in abundance.

I love cooking and baking with him at my side. He is my own personal teacher, guiding me through various dishes, providing me with new knowledge and confidence. I hope he never loses his passion for cooking.

Move over Bobby Flay!

No comments: