Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring has Sprung!


I was out doing some light raking, mostly meandering in the yard with the rake in my hands, looking like I was raking, and I noticed that my flowers are bursting forth! Yeah! The forsythia is also budding, and with the chirping of the birds, I felt hopeful that winter was on its way out. I am glad.

It really has not been a long winter, but I really want warmer weather, and soon. I long for the days of just sitting out on my deck, taking in the sun. I love my deck. I love being out on the patio, in the yard, and even on my hammock. The place is not as important as being out. I have not felt this much cabin fever in a long time.

I cannot wait to start planting my potted plants, which decorate the deck and the patio areas. My deck will need a new coat of stain, but I even look forward to getting that done. I also look forward to getting my herb garden going, and my veggies planted. I guess I just want to play in the dirt, and soon.

Well, spring sprang. We've had our state of grace and our little gift of sanctioned madness, courtesy of Mother Nature. Thanks, Gaia. Much obliged. I guess it's time to get back to that daily routine of living we like to call normal.
~David Assael, Northern Exposure, Spring Break, 1991

No comments: