Sunday, August 20, 2006

Homemade or Jar Sauce?

Life’s regrets. Who doesn’t have them? We all do in one form or another. I have many. Some are small. Some are large. Some are insignificant, while others are significant. I have a small one, although, there are some days when it seems large. I regret having not learned how to make my dad’s spaghetti sauce.

Over the years I have tried to reproduce it, and yet I never can. So consequently I am a ‘jar user’ and no one seems to mind. I was recently at my mom’s house and while there I could smell her homemade spaghetti sauce cooking, or simmering in the kitchen. While hers is awesomely delicious, it’s just not my dad’s sauce.

I’ll keep trying. Maybe one day I’ll hit the spaghetti sauce jackpot and my sauce will really be a good reproduction. I can hope. In the meantime, my jar sauce is prepared with love.

No comments: