Friday, February 08, 2008

The White House 2009


As we approach the presidential election in 2008, which quite honestly has been a long time in coming, because we have been inundated with the presidential candidates “politicking” for a very long time, I wonder do people vote FOR their favorite politician, or AGAINST the one they do not like? According to one political web site I recently found “good democracy requires voting out bad politicians.”

I have decided (for now) who I will vote for, but my vote is based upon, to some extent, who I do not want to see in office from the same party. I like the candidate, but do I like them enough to want them for my president? This is the question I pose to myself. I hope that between now and then, my potential candidate provides me with more of a reason to vote for them, and simply not AGAINST the other candidate. There are far too many important issues that will help me to determine who I will vote for in November. I just have to hope that between now and then, my decision is one that I make with confidence and with an in depth knowledge about the person who will reside in the White House for four LONG years.

For those of you who might need some help in choosing your candidate, this link will take you to a web site that helps to sort out the issues.

No comments: