Thursday, February 07, 2008

Wax On, Wax Off




What you see is a Golden. Believe it or not. Our little Meego had a run in with a waxing pot, and because of the incident, he had to be shaved. (Thankfully, that’s all he needed, as it could have been worse).

Caitlin and I were doing our waxing routine, and he had to be nosey. His feet got tangled up in the electric cord, and the wax pot went up in the air and wax was all over the place; yet mostly on Meegs. After an emergency call to PetSmart to see if they did emergency wax removals from doggy fur (I am sure they are still laughing), Caitlin took him over to meet the girls who wash the dogs. Unfortunately, the only thing that worked was Mr. Razor, and what we now have is a dog that looks more like Lab than a Golden.

They say that dogs who know they are some how different than their peers have jealously issues and can become depressed. With all of his energy and antics, he has no time to become depressed. At least I have not seen any clinical signs of depression. I have noticed a wee bit of jealously. He now likes to PULL the hair out of Luke, who is the furriest Golden we own. The bad thing about this is that Luke lets him do it! So I have had to spray bitter apple on his fur to keep Meego away. Not fun for Luke, but it does help.

The moral of this story…wax and dogs do not mix well. Ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss my stinky butt and his interest/love for all beauty supplies! :O)

Anonymous said...

I took my dog to the groomers, and they sadly gave her the same military, flat top, lab hair cut! LOL. BTW, the more I read your blog, the more I want ANOTHER DOG!! I shared your blog with my friend on my phone over dinner last night. I showed her the pics of your animals, and now she wants another dog too! =) They are like "Poster pups" for Retrievers!