Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!


The holidays are just about over and the time has come to pack away the decorations, a daunting task each year. I really enjoyed them this year, and never once felt like it was a monumental task to get them out and up. I think getting them out early allowed me to really enjoy them for a longer period of time, and now that it is time to put them away, I feel ready. It has not been that way for me other years and at times has felt like a burden. In some respects I envy my sister who puts out a few menorahs and calls it a day.

This was the first holiday in a while that I never felt rushed to get things done. I did those holiday tasks early and got help (cookie baking). I got through the holidays feeling less exhausted, thus enjoying them more. I also think that because school was over, no matter how many tasks I had before me, I had a huge boulder taken off of my shoulders. YAY! (again).
I’m excited about 2010. I have a new role, a new degree, and new challenges. I’m ready.

No comments: