Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Joys of an Early Summer Evening

“When life hands us a beautiful bouquet we stare at it in cautious expectations of a bee.” ~ Dean Kootz

This is also true when I am out trimming my beautiful butterfly bush. As I work to cut away the dead blooms, so the newer ones can be show cased, I am forever dodging the bees. Lots of bees. However, on this particular evening, I found myself enjoying the visitor who came to suckle on my blooms. But even after a Google search, I am not so sure I know what the visitor is; bee or hummingbird bee? It was huge, and if you watch the video below, perhaps you can see why I believe it to be more than the average bee type.

The point here is though, that despite my hectic life, I found myself fascinated and literally glued to watching this thing for quite some time. It darted from bloom to bloom, sitting long enough to take in the sweet drink from each pretty flower. If it had time to enjoy the sweetness of an early summer evening, so did I. And I am glad I did.

No comments: