Friday, July 18, 2008

Taking The Right Course in Life

I am very proud to announce that my son, Daniel, has been accepted to Johnson and Wales University, in their culinary program. He has been stuck in the culinary world at a point at which he feels he cannot progress unless he has the next leg of his academic journey completed. (Unless a world renowned chef calls him and asks him to come and work for him, but what are the chances of that happening?) So, he’s got the offer of acceptance, now we just have to hope they can help him with the funds. And hope that this is the right school at this time in his life. There are other schools, thankfully.

I think a lot of his motivation in attending this school is in part because his best friend Kelly attended there, and still attends there. And, despite how things have gone in their relationship, I do thank Kelly for encouraging him and motivating him. Sometimes, parents are not able to get this accomplished, no matter how we lay life out in front of our kids. So thanks Kelly. Whatever the motivating factor is, I hope he can attend a school that meets his needs, settles in, and then kicks butt in the academic program. I hope, I pray.

In the mean time, he is working. And hopefully making the right decisions about all aspects of his life. Mostly about his future in the culinary world.

No comments: