Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Birthday Daniel Boone

Yes, it is Daniel's birthday, and I thought I would take a minute and share this fact with you. I fondly remember watching that show with my siblings. I also remember my brothers running around with sticks, shooting us with raccoon hats on their heads. Silly little boys, but cute.

I also remember my brothers carrying around stinky a rabbit's foot in their pockets for good luck. What is it about boys and yucky things. Oh sure little girls can be yucky too, but not like little boys (my mother might disagree). My Daniel was always messy, and I fondly remember his infatuation with large bugs! He loved to carry them in the house and show me, usually dropping them along the way. He has never really outgrown his messy streak, although he has gotten better (right Kelly???) Please tell me he has.

Caitlin on the other hand was my neat child, but she tended to get messier as she aged. And there's always the stories about her trips home from playing with the heifers. OY, what a smell! But she loved being with them, so her smell was a happy smell.

So as long as they are happy, who cares about messy, and sticky, and gross.

Happy Birthday Daniel Boone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he is getting a little bit better..not to much though!!! i said little. LOL