Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

OY and Vey!

I have been so busy these past few weeks, I feel like I have been on a roller coaster and merry-go-round at the same time! Between getting ready for the holidays, the kids arrivals home, the never-ending school work (and last paper!!!), and work related projects, my time has not been my own to do whatever I wanted to do. My “to-do” list is finally caught up...almost.

The kids arrived safely home from Rhode Island and Grenada, and my time with them went excessively fast. I love when they are home, and with me. I love each second. Thanksgiving was here at my home, celebrated with my mom, and three of my siblings and their families. The food was yummy, and in just the right amounts. My brined turkey was a hit again! (Thankfully)

Black Friday was a day filled with shopping with Caitlin, Daniel, Jillian, and my sister Gidget. We really did not do much shopping (not many sales), but we had fun being together. (we are very cheap entertainment for each other).

This past weekend, my sister Gidget, niece Jillian, Caitlin, Daniel, and I baked cookies. I was not going to even bake this year (Lack of time), but when they offered to help, I took them up on their offer, and we did a ton of baking. The cookies in the picture are peanut butter mice Jillian and Caitlin baked! They are too cute. In between cookie baking, I took my sisters Sue and mom to see the Three Irish Tenors do their annual Christmas show in the states. We saw them last year and my mom loved them. Therefore, I had to take her back again! We had fun.

I have hauled all the holiday decorations out of the basement and now have a huge job ahead of me, and with both kids gone, and Jim working, I might find myself decorating less this year. Less is best anyway. The holidays are, after all, more than tinsel and greens
.

I am thankful for my busy and very full life.

No comments: