Monday, August 11, 2008

Rose Ridge Farm

My sister-in-law Heidi is very much into horseys. Now you know if you have read my blog for any length of time, that I am NOT a fan of horseys. However, I am a fan of those who are into education, even if it is all about horses, so I wanted to take this blog space and share Heidi’s passion for horses. And she is passionate about these beautiful numbskulls (except for Huey, who I adore). I do not mean to offend the horse owners that might read this blog, but seriously, they are not the brightest of animals.

Her web page “Rose Ridge Performance Horses” best explains her diverse background in working with horses and those that sit on them. I do wonder however, what is meant by “Young or old, nervous or bold, optimize your horse's ride and increase your versatility” which can be found at the top of her home page. Is she speaking of the horse, or the rider? If she speaks of the rider, she must have had me in mind, as I am both old and nervous, especially around some horses, most horses, except Huey (my favorite horse). Or is she speaking of an old and nervous nag? (Which again could be me again)

I am thinking she means the horse and if you are an owner of such horse, she will help to turn your horse into something better. She also promises to help minimize any conflicts. I once again guess she means between rider and horse, and not a horse and another horse. I have been out to the farm (obviously) and I have yet to see any real conflicts, although I have witnessed my brother get firm with those who have acted up (horses, not riders). “Be a good girl” he quietly whispers. Hmmmph. Like that helps.

The farm is a great place. I have never observed Heidi’s teaching, although she has taught my brother a thing or two over the past decades, so that should count for something. He can be as stubborn as a mule, which is similar to a horse. She is also a pretty funny writer, and you can check out her blog "Thoughts from the Saddle". So if you are in need of a good place for training (you or your horse), or even a nice place in the country for your horsey to live, give Heidi and Rose Ridge Farms a jingle. It’s truly a great place. I know firsthand. And tell Huey I sent you!

No comments: