Sunday, August 03, 2008

Starfish are not Frisbees

According to an article by the Associated Press today, “Tourism officials on the Caribbean island of Grenada say they are concerned about dog owners snatching starfish out of the sea and throwing them like flying discs for their dogs to catch”. Besides adding to the end of a tiny life, the beaches are starting to smell of rotting starfish. That alone should compel people to stop, but they do not.

Caitlin assures me she and Migo will not be involved in the demise of local starfish. Phew! Not that I thought she would allow Migo to put something in his mouth that did not belong there. Nope. Not happening.

So, while in Grenada, she might show Migo a starfish if one should cross their paths, but that will be the end of it. He will be happy fetching his ball on the beach and snacking on appropriate doggy snacks. I know I would be happy doing just that if I were on the beach in the Caribbean. But then who wouldn’t be?

No comments: