Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Keeping Secrets

Can you keep a secret? I can, but obviously, you can’t. What is about people who claim they can keep something private and to themselves, only to find out that they “thought it would be okay to share with so and so” and that I wouldn’t mind?? What the heck? And if you are telling me a secret that someone else asked you to keep private, then obviously I cannot trust you either. What part about secret and private don’t you get??

I realize that for many secrets are difficult to keep. If I want to ensure privacy, I’d better just keep my thoughts and feelings to myself. In addition, I would expect that if you wish to remain my friend, you’d better keep my thoughts and feelings I share with you, private, especially after I asked you to do so. Thank you.

No comments: