Monday, February 09, 2009

No More Ashes, No more Soot....

We gave the wood logs a big fat boot!

With my direction (and I am good at that), Jim turned our wood burning fireplace into a gas burning one, and I love it! No more dirty ashes, no more tiny wood chips, no more kindling be dragged around the house (haha Meego!), and a relatively sparkling glass front!

And I can easily hit the remote and start a fire, without having to wait for Jim or one of the kids to do it for me! With the prices of firewood going up constantly, and the places to even go and get our own wood dwindling (WHO is buying into all these new develpments?), not to mention our getting too old to haul, chop, and split wood, it was time! Thankfully Jim is talented enough to do the work, so it was relatively cheap to do. And it looks so pretty.

I love my new fireplace logs!

No comments: