Monday, February 02, 2009

Spring Clean Up in February

We have had this tiny little spurt of warmer air. Okay, 49 degrees, but warmer than 20. I have felt stuck in this house, glued to my laptop, getting through mounds of reading, researching, and writing. (I feel as if my MSN is now in sight, finally!) So when the weather turned favorably, I got out.

Of course, it is not in my nature to just go out and relax. I got the idea to remove the left over firewood from the shed yesterday (we are going from wood to gas), and then clean up the shed. Since the shed was no longer going to store wood, I thought we could use the shed as a shed. So it was then time to move the yard tools from the garage to the shed, freeing up more space in the garage. And since the rake was now out, why not just tidy up the backyard. Some 6 large bags later, and the yard is tidy. The sticks gone (for now) so no more chewed up littlier sticks. (got dogs, got little chewed up sticks). I then thought why not tidy up the patio (just in case the weather really got warm and we might want to have a barbeque). Chairs moved out, broom in. One more bag of leaves. Then while I was there Ithought I would clean up under the sink in the outdoor kitchen. HOW do leaves get in there? Makes no sense.
I will tell you here that while it seems the cleaning was effortless, I had the help of four goldens. Nothing is easy when they pitch in and help. And not once, but twice, did I have to chase Migo to get my gardening gloves back.

Then it was on to the garage. Broom out, half a bag of leaves. How the hell do all those leaves get in there? Loads of space!

Now my back hurts and there is snow coming. No barbeque. Colder weather. Breaktime over. Back to the books. Hurry Spring!

No comments: