Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Christmas in New York City

One of the things I love about the holidays is heading into New York City. The lights, the people, the crowds, the shopping...the Rockettes!

From the time I was little, I have always loved watching the Rockettes. There might even be a tiny piece of me that secretly wished she could be one, or at best, kick my legs as high as they can kick. So when time and money permits, I have gone into the city and gone to Radio City Music hall to see the Christmas show, which features the girls. Even Caitlin has also taken me for my birthday and there has been no better gift.

The tree at Rockefeller Center is also a stop we have to make. It is always so pretty and you cannot help but marvel at its size. Watching the skaters is also fun, and one year we took the kids, as I believe everyone should glide across that ice at least one in their lifetime. Personally, I have not; my ankles will not allow me to strap on those torture devices.

There is always so much to see in the city, especially during the holidays. The store windows are wonderful. Even the smell of roasted chestnuts pulls me in each year. (The taste even better!) Sidewalk vendors abound, and the shopping is more fun when you have to push your way through the crowds. I love it!

This year I will head into the city and this time Cait and I are taking my niece and nephew into see the Rockettes as they have never seen them in person. I cannot wait to see their faces! I love the holidays!

No comments: