Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Holiday Memory of a Roasted Goose in Germany

It is this time of year; I tend to feel more nostalgic about living in Germany. Jim and I had such a great experience living there and I miss it terribly at times, especially with the holidays approaching.

We were members of the German-American Club, which brought together our two cultures once a month for an evening of dinner and conversation. We would all eat out together, a different restaurant each month, and then each couple would host dessert back at their house. We met new friends, and learned everything we could about the German way of life.


One of the things we did one December was to attend a gathering at one of the local castles to have our holiday dinner. The main course was a roasted goose with all the trimmings. I can still smell and taste that dinner. The whole evening was so memorable; new friends, good food, in gorgeous holiday decorated surroundings. Why are some memories so vivid? I am thankful they are for me.

Over the course of the next couple of months, I intend on sharing some of my memorable holiday experiences with you all; and for some, it will be your memory as well. I love the holidays, and all the memories that are made with each, and every one.

No comments: