Monday, January 12, 2009

Bye, Bye Caitlin...Hurry Back!

I cannot believe a whole month has past since one of my sweetest friends got home for the holidays! Now it is time for her to go back to school, back to her little island in the Caribbean.

I loved having her around (although she would say it's only because she empties the dishwasher without being asked), but it's so much more. The morning cup of coffee is more fun when you can share it with someone. The house was filled with her laugh, her smile, her joy of going shopping with me, on a minute's notice!

She does help around the house, which while I am going to school is a HUGE help to me. (Oh the other two will help, but they do it only after I have to ask or make a list, Caitlin just does)

She gave me a sweet gift last night, something she made, and something not everyone might enjoy, but I do. She had a print of each one of the dog's paw prints made (she did the print) and I now have them forever! You might have to be a pet owner to appreciate that kind of a gift. This is Cait. She takes the simple, and turns it into a treasure.

I will miss her around the house, especially in the mornings as I sip that first cup of brew. I'll miss her at night, not hearing that last little 'night'. And yes I will miss her each and every time I have to empty the dishwasher.

No comments: