Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Eeeewww, That Smells"

One of the great things about being left behind when the kids are off to school, and Jim is off on his work-related trips, is that I have the house all to myself and can cook whatever I want, when I want. One of the vegetables I love is brussel spouts, but I will agree that they do tend to waft the air with a not so appealing smell. So I have been asked, "Why do I have to cook them in the house?" (until we had the outdoor kitchen I was kind of limited to where I cooked smelly things). And I cook them because in order to eat them, they need to be cooked.
So when the house is mine I take advantage of it and cook the smelly things I love, like brussel sprouts and liver and onions. Yes, I eat liver. Not that often; perhaps even once or twice a year! But I do enjoy it and it, too, adds an unpleasant odor to the air, especially to those who really despise it (like everyone here but me).

So have your fun at school and on your trips, and I will enjoy my smelly foods. And my not so smelly foods, when I want, and where I want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cooked liver and chicken parts for Migo all the time in Grenada. :-P

Wendy said...

Because YOU are a good mommy!