Saturday, January 10, 2009

Spring Cleaning or Nesting?

While Jim and Caitlin were away skiing this past week, and Daniel now safely back at school, I decided to aggressively clean my house. It started post holiday, the general clean-up after all the decorations were put away, and from there I found myself in the kitchen looking into my junk drawers. (Yes I have more than one junk drawer)


My drawers were out of control and it was time to get serious. It was also a way to avoid school work, who am I kidding? That said, I dove in, and from the drawers I worked my up the cupboards, and across the counter tops. Things were cleaned, put away (who needs the mixer out 24/7?), and straightened up! I moved to the windows, the drapes, the curtains, the window toppers, and even ensured all the wood work was sparkling. (Yes this was done before the holidays too).

From there I moved into the bedrooms and did windows and curtains, bed linens, and cleaned out the night stand drawer (yeah that was a mess too!) The dogs beds were stripped and cleaned, and placed out on the deck to air out! Fresh, fresh, fresh!!

I cleaned and organized my study space, so I could better concentrate on my school work (perhaps I better rethink this since cleaning and organizing takes me away from it). =)

The house is fresh and clean. I can now focus on my studies. ( that is until I think about cleaning the basement) =)

No comments: