Monday, January 05, 2009

IF Something Bad is Going On...Please Call Me!

Apparently, according to my sister Gidget, I am NOT paying attention to life and all that is going in the world. She bases this on the fact that several times in the past few weeks she has had to inform me of potential weather alerts. I am very good about reading the daily paper (mostly for the obits and the crossword puzzle), turning on the news (Matt Lauer and I have an ongoing morning relationship; Meredith annoys me), and periodically throughout the day tuning into Fox News ( I adore Shepard Smith). So why is it I never know the weather when she tests me?

Perhaps I have become so numb to the news that I half read and half listen? Let's face it, we just got through TWO heavy years of political crap, the world is an ongoing mess of horrible death and destruction news, so the news is never really good, and Meredith annoys me. BUT the weather is such a mundane stress free issue. It is either wet or dry hot or cold. What's the big deal? But according to Gidget my not knowing is annoying her.

I even have a Weather Bug on my computer that alerts me to the tornado coming my way, the possible flood that might drive me to build an ark, and yet I see the alerts, and hear the chirp of the alert, but it's not sticking in my head. So please, if something bad is happening in the world and you think I should know about it, please call me and let me know. At this point Gidget is so annoyed with me, she might let me drown or get blown away.

No comments: