Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cruising Again...

Jim and I just got back from a 6 day cruise down to Bermuda and we are now back home, and fully relaxed. (Of course, I expect that will soon change, but for now, I feel great!). The cruise came at a great time. Daniel was off to school, the house finally quiet (maybe too quiet), my class was winding down, and work was becoming a busy place for me with all the additional tasks I keep saying "yes" to doing.

So off we went. We sailed with Royal Caribbean (again) and went straight to Bermuda, where were docked for two full days. This has to be one of the prettiest islands i have been to, and I can truly say I have been to quite a few over the past several years. The people, the environment, the shopping, and the beaches, all superb!

Our first day was spent walking up and down hills in the Hamilton area. From here we bused over to HorseShoe Beach and walked the pink sands and waded through the gorgeous blue surf. We then headed back to the ship and had dinner. Later that evening we headed to the Frog and Onion Pub, an English Pub and had a glass of ale which was yummy. The evening was relaxing and perfect!

The next day we headed back to the beach and spent the am sunning and swimming! Again, perfect. We headed back to the dock area and had lunch at the Bonefish Grill, which has places here in NJ! Awesome lunch! Then it was back to the ship for an afternoon of relaxing in the sun. Jim and I spent hours reading and just vegging out at the pool of in the room watching old reruns of Law and Order. (Who does that on vacation? Us. And it was just what we needed to relax)

Day Four was spent chilling on deck relaxing some more, reading some more, and simply watching the blue water run by.

It was the most perfect vacation.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

It sounds fantastic! I'm glad you could go on such a fun trip.