Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Decorating for Fall


It's that time again, when I pack away the summer flowers (inside) and pull out my Fall arrangements. I love fall, and knowing it is just around the corner makes me even happier. I normally grumble at the short length of summer, but this year, I am more than ready for the fall season.

My decorations are few in number, but just enough to add the colors that we all love; the reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. Normally I wait to add the pumpkins, but not this year. So my complete fall / Halloween decorations are scattered about the house. Tastefully, and yet not over done. The flags have been changed on the house and mailbox. The only item left to add is the candy bowl that will house Halloween candy. It's out in the stores, but way too tempting to bring home, just yet.

My empty house is ready for the season of Fall. I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving when the kids will be home and my house not so quiet again. Then it will be time to decorate for the Holidays!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for thanksgiving.. it means lots of family time.. and well puppyyyy time :-) i miss those silly pups.. especially trouble aka migo

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why people make fun of me for buying Halloween candy. Or nod their heads knowingly.

So what if my house can't be seen from the street because of the woods? And by not turning on any outside lights I am simply practicing good energy conservation. Really.

I mean, just because we have never, ever had one trick-or-treater here doesn't mean it couldn't happen, right? So I have to buy candy - just in case.

I was a girl scout. We were taught to always be prepared.

Michele