Sunday, September 14, 2008

Family Reunions


It is that time of year again...the second Sunday in September, my extended family gets together for our big family reunion. Sadly, the numbers have dwindled, and continue to do so each year, whether it be from death or "We are just to busy to attend".

I like reunions and the ability to catch up with the family. We have met at various locations throughout the years, but in the last several years have met at my brother's farm. This allows us much space to be together, but yet not so close that we wished for more space. IF ya know what I mean.

Each year one of the family steps up to the plate to be the family president for the meeting. Yes, we even have a family meeting complete with old business, new business, and a treasury report! We are a well-organized and well-oiled machine! This year my brother Butch is the BIG Kahuna! So he'll run the meeting and direct the day. There's always games and tons of food! I just like the catching up part.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ah, good old family reunions! I love the catching up part too, but sometimes they can be a lot of work and drama! ;)