Friday, September 26, 2008

Cookies Galore

I have written before about how I love baking cookies every year for holiday gift giving, parties, and plain old family parties. I look forward to all the holiday magazines, especially the yearly Christmas Cookies put out by Better Homes and Gardens. This year is no exception. I picked up my copy today at the food store, raced home, and with a fresh hot mug of coffee dove into the magazine! I am disappointed. And sad.
It seems I have seen most of what is printed in other issues or in Cookie Cookbooks. Of course, if I didn't own so many cookbooks and magazines devoted to cookies, I might find something new. See my Cookie Obsession. So I will go through my list of favorite recipes and this year that's what I will make, calling each gift "Wendy's Favorites". Thankfully I have made copies of my favorite recipes and put them in one spot, even the ones I have altered to call them my own.

I didn't make cookies last year as I was not in the mood. This year my inner elf is back and I now look forward to making cookies. I have even started stocking up on butter ( I love sales). I am hoping my niece Jillian will help, as she makes baking fun. And perhaps Joshua will help as well. Baking and kids. I love the holidays!


No comments: