Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pass the Popcorn

Most people, if not all, have their favorite movies. I’m not an exception. I have several that I adore and could easily watch over and over again without getting bored. Being a ‘chick’ I do love many of the sappy ‘chick flicks’ and never tire of them either. I love the classics, as well as the new stuff. I do not like sci-fi films. Never had, never will.

My all time favorites are as follows and are listed in no particular order of preferred films:

Gone with the Wind: Ok, I know this is a popular among many, but who doesn’t love that heat between Scarlett and Rhett?
Dr. Zhivago: The story involves General Yevgraf Zhivago searching for the love child of his brother, poet and doctor Yuri Zhivago, and his mistress Larissa ("Lara") Antipova. Who isn’t a fan of Omar Shariff?
The Thin Man (all of them!): I love the zaniness that goes on between William Powell and Myrna Loy!
Jeopardy: Barbara Stanwyck stars in this “taut thiller which takes woman-in-distress concept to one of the most frenzied extremes."
Ever After: Who doesn’t love that Cinderella gets her prince?
Practical Magic: I love Aidan Quinn! He’s magical!
The Bourne Series: I admit it. I have a ‘thing’ for Matt Damon.

The list goes on...

The point here is that we all have those favorite movies, classics or current, that we love to cuddle up to, especially on dark, gloomy rainy days. And when we have someone special to watch with, it is all the better. Pass the popcorn.

No comments: