Monday, May 05, 2008

Swinging the Day Away

Luke, our five-year-old Golden, loves to swing on our porch swing. He always has. In fact, so much so, that when the swing is up and it’s a beautiful day, he goes over to it, and through his cries, lets us know he wants up. Of course, when he is done, he cries to get help to get down off of the swing. He’s usually good for a few hours. But what better place is there to take your morning nap?

Of all our dogs, Luke has the most laid back personality. In fact, it’s been said that even when he moves forward, he is in reverse. He hardly barks, never causes much trouble around here, has a gentle soul, and the sweetest disposition. He was known to move bushes around when he was younger, but has since out grown that hobby (thankfully).

Now that summer is here, his days are spent swinging life away. We could all stand to have a few days like that. I know I could. Take time to spend and hour or two on your porch swing...or some place where you can rest, and think.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." ~ Gilda Radner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh my little sweetheart<3 he's my favorite. i can't help it. all the puppies are cute and i love them all.. but lukee.. he just seems to win my heart over... except when he runs away from me hehe.

Wendy said...

He loves you too!