Saturday, May 03, 2008

The UPs and DOWNs of My iPod

Technological gadgets. Who doesn’t like them? We can do almost anything, anywhere, and at anytime, thanks to the advances in our techno world. Like listen to music. And not just any music, but our favorite tunes, and even TV shows, and movies, all with the tiny push of a button. My iPod is my favorite gadget. That is when I can get them damn thing to work. Actually, the iPod is fine; it’s the loading of it that stumps me.

I am currently on my third iPod because I outgrew the first two iPods faster than I could load music on to them. My new one allows me to upload TV shows, movies, podcasts (I have yet to really explore this option), and music (lots of it). The thing is, every time I go to iTunes to download, and then upload things, somehow I get into trouble. I even once deleted the entire library of music, which left me frustrated and feeling the urge to smash my iPod (I didn’t though).

So thankfully Caitlin and Daniel, and yes, even Jim, are patient with me. To a point. I do see the eye rolling and hear the sighs. Then comes the question, “How do you deal with technology on the job?” I am not sure. I guess it s good thing babies download without much help, usually, or there might be problems. And there’s a difference between an iPod and, well, girlie parts. Thankfully.

So when the problems arise, I no longer get frustrated. I bear with the eye rolling and the heavy sighs and ask for help. I know you told me a million times HOW this is done, but I cannot seem to get it. Some times moms need extra help. And I thank you. Again.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ah, the ipod struggles! I am so with you! I love my ipod, but can get super frustrated with it at times.