Sunday, June 29, 2008

School Days...Vacation is Over

As many of you know, I have been working on my Masters in Nursing for a while, and as of tomorrow, I am back at it again. I took a break (well deserved), and then another break, and now I have to get back on the horse and get it done. While I am looking forward to obtaining this long sought out goal, I truly dread taking the classes to get there. My head wants to rest. It does not want to think about writing long papers and organizing references. I’m feeling old and tired, and really just want to spend time reading novels and not text books, but...

I’m grateful I have the support system I do at home. Jim is done with his Masters (YIPEEEE!!), but is a constant source of “Go Wendy Go!” for me. As are the kids. It helps knowing I have that support. It’s motivating (and at my age, some days, I need it).

So if it seems time lags between my blog posts, it’s no doubt because I am hard at work doing school requirements (The History of American Nursing) and will, when time allows, share what’s going on with me when I can. So keep checking back, and often!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Wendy! I just thought I'd let you know that you're being spotlighted on apron girls... it sounds like you're busy, but if you have time, run over there and answer some questions! Can't wait to get to know you better!

Anonymous said...

see i think thats awesome.. you set a goal.. it's taking you a little while.. but your striveing to achieve it. i really admire that wendy.. cuz it took alot for me to leave school... but after doing brookdale and working like a hound dog all semester i realized i really need to get my "cooking on" nd get my head back on straight.... and i talked about dan gettin his brain tightened..huh. in retrospect i was really the one that needed sum tightening up hehe. im proud of you for stickin to ur goal... ur a wonderful women mrs reich. keep up the good work. i'll see you tomorrow. i may be sleeping on ur couch thow in like the middle of the afternoon.. cuz i have to work tonite. hehe. but im coming to take care of my sweet little lukie with dan. :-) but back to ur blog... i enjoyed reading this.. it inspires me to keep going with my dream...:-)

Wendy said...

Kelly,
It's through great efforts and hard work our precious dreams can and do come true. (so says today's fortune cookie) BUT, it is true. You are smart...and determined and with a great support system in place, you can do it! love ya!
W