Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yeah! It's Spring Time!

"The change from storm and winter to serene and mild weather, from dark and sluggish hours to bright and elastic ones, is a memorable crisis which all things proclaim. It is seemingly instantaneous at last." So America's great philosopher-poet of the woods, Henry David Thoreau, observed 150 years ago.

Spring time! It is finally here. Earlier this week, my crocus began to show their tiny pretty white and purple blooms, but last night’s heavy rains knocked their little blooms to the ground. My forsythia bushes are also beginning to show their buds, and I expect by next week, they will be in full bloom. The daffodils are up, but yet no where close to showing their yellow flowers, but I can wait. Spring does not have to come in at full speed.

Last week, on some of the warmer days, I was able to get the back yard raked. Not all the leaves are gone yet off of the white oak trees, so more raking is in my future, but at least the dead grass is gone, and the area free from those pesky acorns. Bushes that needed pruning have been pruned (those that were not pruned by my dogs), so that job is completed.


I cannot wait for the greenness of spring. I love hearing the birds chirping now in the early am. I love the smell of spring, the feel of warmer days. Good bye winter!

No comments: