Sunday, December 21, 2008

Disaster Strikes!

Jim recently bought Caitlin a scanner so she is able to make copies of things she needs for school, thus saving her copying money. Upon trying to connect scanner to her laptop he got a prompt that he couldn't and would have to ensure all updates were in her computer. Now I am not sure of all the technical stuff, and I really do not care, however what did happen is that after she took the time to ensure ALL her data was backed up on an external hard drive and it was time to move things from the this back to the lap top, it erased everything! NO, I mean everything...all her hard work, saved work, very much need information for her next term , and her very much loved pictures of her dogs. (I'm not which was more important)
Jim is besides himself. Although none of this is his fault, he is taking it so hard and wishes he could turn the clock for his little girl. I feel horrible too. In fact, she is taking it better than I would have handled the situation.

I am so very hopeful that someone in the class ahead of her will share and share generously with her when she gets back to school.

As for the pictures, thankfully we all have pictures of her beloved pets...

I am so sorry Caitlin.

No comments: