Sunday, December 07, 2008

We decided last year that this year we would go green. That is we would buy LCD lights for the tree and help the environment a little bit more. Better bulbs, etc. Well, after seeing my tree all lit up the only thing that will be green next year will be the needles on the tree. I am not happy with those tiny runway lights. Good grief, my whole foyer looks like Times Square on New Year’s Eve.

I bought the lights last year at 75% off the original price and got a great bargain, as those little economical lights on the tree were not so economical. I could not wait to get them on the tree and am a little sad that they are not what I expected. I might investigate them further to see if they are now found in colors, but the white lights are definitely going to be on my tree after this year.

If I had any energy left they would come off now, but I am whipped and will not have that kind of energy until the tree has to come down. It is a big job. So, for now I will simply put on my sunglasses when I want to sit and enjoy the tree.

No comments: