Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Simple Christmas

I am decorating less this year, and will enjoy it more. I have little desire to take everything I own related to Christmas decorating out of the basement to stick it around the house. So I have brought up some of the storage tubs, will take out ONLY what I want, and then that is it. Christmas will be simply and tastefully done. Not that I overdue, but I just have so little time to do decorating and will have even less to undecorated, hence my decision.

I like taking out the little things that I have brought back from Germany or the cute things the kids have made over the years. The rest can stay put in the basement. I will have a smaller tree too. Seriously, I am not over doing this year and rethinking about what Christmas is really all about.

Take that you stupid Santa-in-the-mall-on-November 1st.

No comments: