Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Merging of Holidays, Cultures, and Food

Every year we celebrate Christmas and Chanukah. My sister converted to Judism years ago, so we have shared Chanukah with her and her family every year, and she continues to share Christmas with us. I love the idea of sharing the different customs between our families. We haved learned so much from my sister and her in-laws over the years about the Jewish culture, and I am blessed that they share their holidays with us.

This year was no exception and because the celebrations of the holidays overlapped, we have been spending a lot of time together. I'm happy. Good family, good frineds, my christmas ccokies, and my sister's potato latkes. This is what celebrations and good times with family are all about.

No comments: